M>PWR Chicago convened employers, service providers, and community leaders in the Chicago region to create a dialogue on the needs related to youth transition from school to work, and develop an action plan on how to effectively improve employment outcomes.
M>PWR Chicago Event Details
Date: April 2, 2014
Time: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Location: Inspiration Kitchens at Garfield Park
- Chicago Children's Museum
- Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership
- Chicago Mayor's Office of People with Disabilities
- Chicago Public Schools
- Hyatt Hotels
- Inspiration Kitchens
- Marriott Hotels
- Marriott Foundation for People with Disabilities
- Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation
- Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc.
- Roosevelt University
- Special Education District of Lake County
- Tilson & Diaz Solutions, Inc.
- White Lodging Services
Participants in the M>PWR Chicago Summit suggested a number of strategies schools, service providers and employers might use to empower youth with disabilities to help them successfully transition from school to work. Download the M>PWR Chicago Report to learn more:
Learn about some of the successful strategies to empower youth the Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation has supported over the years.
Learn more about the M>PWR Initiative by friending and following MEAF, and subscribe to the Foundation’s monthly newsletter.