M>PWR DC convened 120 employers, service providers, and national leaders to brainstorm ideas on how to effectively empower youth with disabilities to improve employment outcomes.
M>PWR DC Event Details
Date: February 24-25, 2016
Location: Gallaudet University
- 2gether International
- American Association of People with Disabilities
- Association of People Supporting EmploymentFirst!
- Association of University Centers on Disability
- Arc of the United States
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- BAE Systems, Inc,
- Center for Disability Rights
- Disability Inclusion Solutions
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Gallaudet University
- Girl Scouts of the Nations Capital
- Greater Washington Internship Coalition
- I am Norm Campaign
- Imagination Stage
- Institute for Educational Leadership
- International Foundation for Electoral Solutions
- Morgan Stanley
- Marriott International
- Marriott Foundation for People with Disabilities
- Massachusetts Developmental Disability Council
- Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation
- Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Automotove America, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories
- Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc.
- National Council on Independent Living
- National Disability Mentroing Coalition
- National Youth Employment Coalition
- Northrop Grumman
- Partners for Youth with Disabilities
- Project SEARCH
- Smithsonian Institution
- The HSC Foundation
- The John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts
- The White House
- Tilson & Diaz Solutions, Inc.
- University of New Hampshire-Institute on Disability
- University of Pittsburgh-Human Engineering Research Laboratories
- University of Washington-DO-IT Center
- U.S. Business Leadership Network
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services-Administration for Community Living
- U.S. Department of Labor-Office of Disability Employment Policy
- U.S. Department of Labor-Office of Federal Contract Compliance
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. International Council on Disabilities
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Youth Transitions Collaborative
Participants in the M>PWR DC Summit suggested a number of strategies schools, service providers and employers might use to empower youth with disabilities to help them successfully transition from school to work.
Download the M>PWR DC Report to learn more:
Download the M>PWR Checklist for Employers, Youth and Service Providers:
Learn about some of the successful strategies to empower youth the Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation has supported over the years.
Learn more about the M>PWR Initiative by friending and following MEAF, and subscribe to the Foundation’s monthly newsletter.